Seemingly overnight, Charlie Sheen has become an ubiquitous pop culture reference: how many mentions of “WINNING,” “tiger blood” and “goddesses” have you heard today? Remarkably, Sheen set a Guinness World Record for Fastest Time to Reach 1 Million Followers (just over 25 hours) after joining Twitter. Meanwhile, YouTube parodies and pages like Live the Sheen Dream and Charlie Sheen Quotes as New Yorker Cartoons quickly went viral.
To no one’s surprise, bartenders are finding plenty of inspiration from Sheen as well. Marco Dionysos tweeted this Rye drink special a couple of nights ago:
Earlier today, Christy Pope posted this to Facebook: “Chad (Solomon) and I have had a ‘manic’ and ‘epic’ fit of creativity! Here is our Charlie Sheen ‘Bi-Winning’ cocktail menu…” The Cuff & Buttons duo had discovered their muse, as you’ll see below.
Sheen’s moment as the center of the cultural zeitgeist won’t last long, but as the man himself said to his fans: “Don’t be afraid. Celebrate this movement.”
Charlie Sheen’s Bi-Winning Cocktails
By Christy Pope & Chad Solomon
- 2 oz Booker’s Barrel Proof Bourbon
- 1 oz Carpano Antica
- 2 dashes Peychaud Bitters
- Glass: Cocktail Glass
- Garnish: Flamed Orange Twist
- 1 oz XO Cognac
- ½ oz Lemon Juice
- ½ oz Golden Blossom Honey
- 3 oz Krug Grand Cuvee
- Glass: Cocktail Glass Rinsed with Ouzo
- Garnish: Lemon Twist (discard) w/ 24k gold flakes
7gram Rockstar from Mars
- 2 oz* Coca tea infused Everclear
*CHARLIE’S DISCLAIMER: Do not attempt if you’re from this terrestrial realm, “because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body.”
Sober Valley Lodge “Green Machine”
- ¾ oz Lime Juice
- ½ oz Agave Nectar
- 1 ½ oz Apple Cider
- 3 cucumber slices
- 2 mint sprigs
- Top w/Club Soda
- Glass: Highball
- Garnish: Cucumber Slice w/ Mint Sprig
- Muddle Cucumber & Mint, then measure remaining ingredients.
- Shake/Strain/Top w/ soda.
I’m an F-18 Bro
- 2 oz Aviation Gin
- ¾ oz Lemon Juice
- ½ oz Maraska Liqueur
- ¼ oz Crème Yvette
- Flamed Absinthe rinsed glass
- Glass: Cocktail
- Garnish: None, I’m an F-18 bro!
- 1/2 oz St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- 4 oz Champagne
- 1 dash Orange Bitters
- Glass: Champagne Coupe
- Garnish: Purple Orchid w/ essence of sex (essential oils of- lime, patchouli, ylang ylang, ginger)
Cheers to Christy Pope for the permission to re-post the cocktail recipes!