Opening June 17th in the space known in previous incarnations as Red Buddha Lounge, Play, and most recently Madame Royale, The Parlour Room of Hollywood is the latest from Craig Trager’s Vintage Bar Group (El Bar, The Well, No Bar, The Woods, The Fifth). The Parlour Room is meant to stand apart from Hollywood’s velvet rope and bottle service venues and be “a true neighborhood bar, as it was in the days of Goldfinger’s,” said Trager. With that in mind, The Parlour Room doesn’t have a door policy or a strict dress code.
The Parlour Room’s warm and inviting ambiance is created with dark woods, antique chandeliers, vintage gold mirrors, and an enclosed back patio with its own bar and fireplace. Other design elements include a 20-foot marble bar and accents such as vintage bourbon bottles and a mirrored photo mural behind the back bar.
The Parlour Room cocktail menu will be a mix of classics, variations, and signature creations:
- The Paddy Cocktail – Powers Irish Whiskey, sweet vermouth, Grand Marnier, Angostura bitters
- The Maple Julep – Woodford Reserve Bourbon, mint leaves, maple syrup
- The Metropolitan – Absolut Vodka, sugar cubes, lemon wedge, raspberries, splash of lemonade
- Blood and Sand – Dewar’s Scotch, sweet vermouth, Cherry Heering, orange juice, maraschino juice
- Southside – Beefeater Gin, lemonade, Sprite, mint leaves, lemon wedge
- Cucumber Cooler – Bombay Sapphire, sugar cubes, cucumber, lemon and lime, splash of soda
- The Parlour Trick (changes seasonally) – Ciroc Coconut Vodka, fresh lime juice, sugar cubes
- Pimm’s Cup – Pimm’s, ginger ale, cucumber and lemon twist
- The $5 Parlour Martini – house gin with a splash of dry vermouth
If the classy, comfortable digs and welcoming attitude don’t bring you back, that $5 martini surely will.
The Parlour Room of Hollywood
6423 Yucca St.
Los Angeles, CA 90028
Open daily from 8pm to 2am, Friday 7pm to 2am
For more information, visit www.vintagebargroup.com.