On Thursday, July 1st, the Hatchi Mix Series returns to Breadbar Century City, featuring guest mixologist Julian Cox (Rivera) and his Tequila in 3 Magical Acts menu of specialty cocktails. Inspired by the popular Hatchi Guest Chef Series, Hatchi Mix invites imbibers to experience the evolution of the cocktail, from the classic era to its cutting edge, through a monthly series of special one night-only menus. Taking a cue from its name (hatchi is the number “8″ in Japanese), each unique Hatchi Mix menu features eight cocktails, priced at $8 each.
Cox will be mixing eight tequila-centric cocktails in three consecutive acts, inspired by the three courses of a meal and the three sequences of a magical performance. No word yet on whether Cox will pull 400 Rabbits out of a hat.
The “Tequila in 3 Magical Acts” menu features:
- Introduction course with three aperitif and appetizer cocktails
- Feature course with three hearty entrée cocktails
- Finale course with two digestif and dessert-inspired cocktails
To pair with Cox’s libations, Breadbar will serve its new Pizza Mixo menu, featuring crisp pizzas made with its famous bread starter, as well as the full bistro menu.
The Hatchi Mix launch featured “Vive le Cocktail,” a menu of classics from Hatchi Mix curator Devon Espinosa (The Tasting Kitchen). For the second installment, Hatchi Mix showcased Caña GM Joel Black’s “Rum Amok” cocktail menu. On August 5th, Espinosa will host Matt Biancaniello (Library Bar), who will pair his cocktails with a small plates menu by Ricardo Zarate (Executive Chef, Mo-chica).
Thursday, July 1, 2010
- “Tequila in 3 Magical Acts” cocktail menu by Julian Cox
- “Pizza Mixo” menu by Breadbar
- Eight specialty cocktails for $8 each
UPDATE 7/1: Julian has released tonight’s cocktail menu, and as promised, the drinks (and their names) are inspired by the three courses of a meal. Only a few of the ingredients are listed; after all, a magician doesn’t reveal his tricks.
- Sous-Vide Beet Salad with Goat Cheese Espuma
- Assortment of Green Chiles with Mint and Tequila
- Vote for Pedro (Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Rye, Aperol)
- Jamón Ibérico Old Fashioned with Toasted Spanish Bread
- Roasted New Potatoes with Brown Butter, Crispy Sage and Truffle Oil
- Piquillo Peppers with Mezcal and Balsamic Reduction
- Cherries Jubilee
- Chica Fresa
Breadbar Century City
10250 Santa Monica Blvd. (R-2)
Los Angeles, CA 90067