Just two weeks after the inaugural L.A. Craft Beer Crawl, Jonathan Gold and 213 are teaming up once again for the second annual Union Station Speakeasy Cocktail Party, taking place this Saturday, October 9 in the station’s historic Grand Concourse. The celebration of downtown L.A.’s “speakeasy style” will feature craft cocktails by 213, gourmet bites from some of L.A.’s best restaurants, and beats by Garth Trinidad (KCRW).
Proceeds benefit Zócalo Public Square, a Los Angeles-based nonprofit that provides a nonpartisan forum to prominent thinkers and doers via lectures, panels, salons, screenings, webzine and annual conferences.
Specialty cocktails will include the Varnish’s Plymouth Fitzgerald, a gin sour made with Plymouth Gin, fresh lemon juice and sugar, shaken and served up with a drizzle of Angostura bitters. Not to be outdone is Caña, with a spiced rum daiquiri called the Ace of Spades, a tribute to the Ace of Clubs’ namesake cocktail.
For more information and to purchase tickets online, visit www.zocalopublicsquare.org.
Jonathan Gold’s Union Station Cocktail Party
Saturday, October 9, 2010
- Cocktails by 213 – Caña, Cole’s, Las Perlas, Seven Grand, The Varnish
- Gourmet bites by Comme Ça, First & Hope, Grace, Jar, Lazy Ox, Providence, Rivera, Rustic Canyon, Street
- DJ Garth Trinidad (KCRW)
- $185 per person
- Non-Profit Employee Rate: $150
- Young Professionals’ Rate (under 30 years old): $125
- Corporate Packages available
- Proceeds benefit Zócalo Public Square
800 N. Alameda St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012