On Saturday and Sunday, October 23-24, Artisanal LA invites Angelenos to spend a weekend shopping, tasting, and learning about the city’s finest local, sustainable food and beverage artisans. Taking place over two days in the penthouse of downtown’s historic Cooper Building, Artisanal LA gives attendees the opportunity to shop from nearly 100 up-and-coming vendors, many of whom aren’t yet accessible through retail stores or even through farmers markets.
Artisanal LA will also feature workshops and demos all weekend, including:
- Biodynamic Wine Pairings with Chef Joseph Gillard (Napa Valley Grille)
- Garden Cocktail Infusions with Geri Miller (LA Master Gardener, mar’sel, Terranea Resort) and Mixologist Blake Edwards (TheDrinkChef, mar’sel, Terranea Resort)
- Chicks with Knives’ Perishable Pickle Shop: Pickling 101
- Craft Beer Panel with Eagle Rock Brewery & Nibble Bit Tabby, Moderated by The Beer Chicks
Saturday and Sunday, October 23-24, 2010
- Shopping from more than 75 local craft vendors
- Local craft beer and spirits tasting (21+)
- Hosted beverages like Honest Tea, Dry Soda, Function and Bonadea
- A one-of-a-kind tote bag for the first 1000 attendees
- Workshops and handmade activities
- Family friendly arts & crafts
- Guest speakers and chef demos
- Giveaways and door prizes all weekend long
- Unlimited re-entry all weekend long
- DJ Bryan Davidson
- Pitchfork’s Mud Baron seedling giveaway
- Gift wrap hosted by Uncouth Gourmands benefiting the LA Regional Food Bank
- Partial proceeds benefit LAUSD Edible School Gardens
- $10 presales available online through Eventbrite.
- $15 day of event at the door (cash only), capacity allowing.
Event organizers expect attendance to be around 5000 over the two days, so presales are strongly encouraged.
The Cooper Building
860 S. Los Angeles St.
11th Floor Penthouse
Downtown L.A., CA 90014
For a full list of vendors, event schedule and other information, visit ArtisanalLA.com.
Follow Artisanal LA on Twitter: @ArtisanalLA
Like Artisanal LA on Facebook: facebook.com/ArtisanalLA