On Thursday, November 11th, Caña Rum Bar welcomes Chesterfield Browne, the International Brand Ambassador and Mixologist for Mount Gay Rum. Browne will educate guests on the 300-year-old distillery and its offerings, including complimentary tastings of Mount Gay Extra Old and the 1703 Old Cask Selection. Browne (creator of the acclaimed Chester’s Own rum punch) was named Global Rum Ambassador of the Year at the inaugural Golden Rum Barrel Awards, held last month at The UK Rumfest in London.
Mount Gay cocktails and punch specials will be flowing all evening, including:
- Bajan Ritz ($8) – Mount Gay Sugar Cane, fresh lemon, Cointreau, Maraschino, Piper Heidsick
- Natural Daiquiri ($7) – Caña’s signature daiquiri (“nature’s perfect alcohol delivery system”) with Mount Gay Eclipse Silver, fresh lime and just enough raw sugar to balance it all out.
Orchestra Superstring, a band of well-known Los Angeles musicians (including X drummer DJ Bonebrake on percussion and vibraphone), will kickstart the party with its eclectic mix of Afro-Cuban, Latin jazz and dance rhythms.
RSVP for the Mount Gay tasting at http://j.mp/canamountgaynov11.
Note: Caña Rum Society membership (regularly $20 a year) is included in the price of the first cocktail during happy hour, from 6-8 pm.
Mount Gay Rum Tasting
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Hosted by Chesterfield Browne
- Complimentary tastings of Mount Gay Extra Old and 1703 Old Cask Selection from 8-9pm
- Mount Gay cocktail and punch specials all night
- Music by Orchestra Superstring beginning at 9pm
Caña Rum Bar
714 W. Olympic Blvd. (at Flower)
Los Angeles, CA 90015