Duggan McDonnell, Co-Founder and Master Blender of the award-winning Campo de Encanto Pisco, is giving every bartender in the United States the chance to join him and his colleagues in Peru this April by launching the Search for the Distiller’s Apprentice.
To be included in the search, bartenders across the country are invited to submit a video of themselves by February 15th February 24, 2012 (see below for contest rules). From this pool of entries, a small group of bartenders will be selected to travel with McDonnell and Encanto’s Master Distiller Carlos Romero to Ica, Peru and experience the grape harvest, fermentation and distillation, and learn firsthand the art of blending Encanto Pisco.
McDonnell said, “Making Encanto, working in Peru has changed my life in an amazing way. I want to share this with my fellow bartenders.” Check out his video invitation:
Search for the Distiller’s Apprentice Rules
- Be an actively employed Bartender in the United States at a Bar or Restaurant.
- Your Bar/Restaurant of employment must feature Campo de Encanto Pisco.
- Film a 2-3 minute video of yourself.
- In the video, first introduce yourself and then take a minute to sincerely tell us why you want to learn more about distillation, Pisco and making Campo de Encanto. We’re looking for Bartenders with honesty and integrity as much as those with great culinary technique.
- In the video, demonstrate how to make the Campo de Encanto Pisco cocktail (a Pisco Punch, a Pisco Sour, or a signature drink of your own creation, etc.) featured on your Bar/Restaurant’s Cocktail Menu. (Please show the printed menu within the video.)
- Post the 2-3 minute video on YouTube. Please label your video according to our format of last name, the city in which you live, and the name of your featured cocktail. (EX: LASTNAME_CITY_NAMEOFCOCKTAIL)
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the link to your video informing us that your video has been uploaded and that you’d like to be considered, as well as an attachment of your cocktail menu.
And finally, “Like” Encanto Pisco on Facebook: www.facebook.com/encantopisco