Negroni fans, start your liver stretches: Imbibe Magazine and Campari are presenting the second annual Negroni Week, taking place from June 2-8, 2014. During Negroni Week, participating bars across the country and around the world – over 1,000 as this post goes live – are mixing up Negronis and donating at least $1 from each one sold to a charity of their choice. L.A.’s own ink. and over a dozen Orange County bars are donating to Inspire Artistic Minds. Campari has announced that it will donate $10,000 to the qualified charity of the bar or restaurant that raises the most money during this year’s Negroni Week.
Besides the classic Negroni – gin, Campari, sweet vermouth – guests can look forward to variations like Negroni Jell-O shots with Campari Dust Pixy Stix, one of a week’s worth of recipes created by Gabriella Mlynarczyk of ink. Rivera is serving the Negroni No. 9 (Pierde Almas +9, Barolo Chinato, Campari, orange and grapefruit essence), while Bouchon Bistro is offering Negroni macarons.
Special events include: a Negroni Week Ice Cream Social at Short Order on June 2; Harlowe is hosting a Negroni Week Soirée on June 3, featuring a “tap takeover” of Negronis with Beefeater, Beefeater 24, and Plymouth Gin; and Bowling for Negronis is taking place on June 5 at The Spare Room.
Check the Negroni Week website for new additions to the ever-growing list of participating bars, then follow the social media action via Imbibe’s Twitter and Instagram feeds, and the #NegroniWeek hashtag.
Negroni image courtesy of Dave Stolte, Home Bar Basics.
Following is a list of participating Los Angeles area bars, along with their charities.
- 320 Main (Seal Beach) – Donate Life
- Allumette – Hope and Education
- Bar | Kitchen – Much Love Animal Rescue
- Bar Toscana – Kids Kicking Cancer
- Beelman’s Pub – Downtown Women’s Center
- Bestia – No-Kill Los Angeles
- Big Bar at Alcove – Covenant House California
- Bouchon Beverly Hills – Homeboy Industries
- Cinco – Heal the Bay
- Circa – Manhattan Beach Education Foundation
- Delphine Eatery & Bar – Project Angel Food
- Dia De Campo – Heal the Bay
- Dirty Laundry – Art of Elysium
- Ebanos Crossing – Morris Animal Foundation
- The Edison – Alliance for Housing and Healing
- Escala – Wounded warrior project
- Eveleigh – 826LA
- The Exhibition Room (Long Beach) – Big Brother Big Sisters Long Beach
- The Federal Bar (Long Beach) – Food Finders Inc.
- Fig Restaurant – Share Our Strength
- Goldie’s – Bartenders Against Hunger
- Harlowe – Stand Watch for Vets
- Harvard & Stone – Earthworks
- Honeycut – Midnight Mission
- ink. – Inspire Artistic Minds
- Michael’s Santa Monica – The Santa Monica Museum of Art
- No Vacancy – Art of Elysium
- Pour Vous – ASPCA
- RivaBella Ristorante – Project Angel Food
- Rivera Restaurant – Dolores Mission
- Roxanne’s Cocktail Lounge & Latin Grill (Long Beach) – Food Finders
- Sassafras Saloon – No-Kill Los Angeles
- Soleto Trattoria and Pizza Bar – Project Angel Food
- Sotto – GettLove
- The Spare Room – Baby2Baby
- Spring St. Bar – Downtown Women’s Center
- Sushi Roku Hollywood – Project Angel Food
- Sushi Roku Pasadena – Project Angel Food
- The Tasting Kitchen – Venice Family Clinic
- Terranea Lobby Bar – Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
- The Thirsty Crow – National Alliance on Mental Illness – Westside Los Angeles
- The Varnish – The Weingart Center for the Homeless
- Three Clubs – Hollywood Fringe Festival
- Westside Tavern – Share Our Strength
- The Whaler – Heal The Bay