Earlier this summer, Cruzan Rum launched its latest expression, a spiced rum called Cruzan 9. The new Cruzan derives its name from its nine-spice blend of vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, mace, allspice, pepper and juniper. The number nine is also a nod to the nine districts of St. Croix, home to the historic Cruzan distillery.
Cruzan 9 arrived on the shelves in August, and Cruzan is running with the “9” theme by introducing its spiced rum to Los Angeles with a multi-bar tasting event on Thursday, September 9 (that’s right, 9/9).
There will be tastings throughout the area, taking place at the nine bars listed below:
- Baja Cantina – Marina del Rey (7-9pm)
- Harper’s – Tarzana (10pm-12am)
- Howl at the Moon – Universal City Walk (10pm-12am)
- Jake’s – Pasadena (9-11pm)
- Mercede’s Grille – Marina del Rey (6-8pm)
- Paradise Cove – Malibu (3-5pm)
- Shark’s Cove – Manhattan Beach (8-10pm)
- South – Santa Monica Ca 90403 (8-10pm)
- Tony P’s – Marina del Rey (6-8pm)
Each bar event is open to the public, featuring samples of Cruzan 9 and Cruzan 9 drink specials, as well as games and prizes. A Cruzan brand rep will be at Howl at the Moon to chat about 9 and Cruzan Rum in general.
The Cruzan 9 spices are perfect for fall and winter drinks, and with summer barely making an appearance this year and L.A. already experiencing fall weather, the timing couldn’t be better for Cruzan 9 to make its debut.
For more information, visit the Cruzan website at cruzanrum.com.