Beginning tonight, two of the top cocktail destinations in Los Angeles are joining the many bars and restaurants that are hosting fundraisers to benefit the ongoing Haiti earthquake relief efforts. In addition to The Doheny and The Edison events, be sure to check the links below for other venues, as well as a Mashable guide to online and text message donations.
No matter how you make your donation, please give what you can, now and in the weeks and months to come.
The Doheny – Haiti Needs Help Now!
- Tuesday, Jan. 19
- $15 suggested donation
- Cash bar
- Business casual attire requested
- Doors at 8:30pm
The members-only Doheny opens its doors tonight, with all proceeds going to support Haiti relief efforts. To go with your libations, free appetizers and dessert are being donated by Papa Cristo’s and BabyCakes. You’ll also have a chance to win dinner for four at The Gorbals.
714 W. Olympic Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90015
The Edison – Doctors Without Borders Benefit
Wednesday, Jan. 20 – Saturday, Jan. 23
- $10 suggested donation at the door (per person, each night)
Silent Auction – Friday, Jan. 22
- The Most Interesting Man in the World Dinner for Two
- Alice Cooper 1970’s Tour Souvenirs
- Tim Burton Autographed Artist Proof Books
- Dodgers Dugout Tickets
- Kings Tickets and Memorabilia
- Cold Case Set Visit and Lunch with Kathryn Morris
- Edison Whiskey Tasting for Six
- and more Sports Items and Celebrity Memorabilia
eBay Auction: Jan. 25 – Feb. 8 (details TBA)
In addition to its usual calendar of cocktail events (see below), the Edison is asking for donations at the door from Wednesday through Saturday. A special Silent Auction takes place on Friday, and an eBay Auction will open on Monday, Jan. 25. All proceeds benefit the Doctors Without Borders Haiti Relief Fund.
108 W. 2nd St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
For more information on Haiti relief fundraisers throughout the city:
- Citysearch – How to Help Haiti
- The Daily Dish – Help for Haiti
- Gourmet Pigs – Upcoming Events + Help Haiti
For a guide to online and text message donations, be sure to check out Mashable’s Haiti Earthquake Relief: 9 Ways to Help Now.
The Edison – 2010 New Deal
The Haiti fundraiser coincides with the Edison’s “2010 New Deal” promotion, which celebrates Franklin D. Roosevelt (who repealed Prohibition) and the 100th Anniversary of the Higgins Building (home of the Edison). The New Deal cocktail specials are Wednesday through Friday, from 5pm to 7pm, as follows:
- Wednesday – Celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the Higgins Building with The Centennial Cocktail ($1).
- Thursday – Each week, enjoy a different “Vintage” Cocktail at the “Vintage Price” of 35 cents.
- Friday – Featuring The Fireside, an Old Fashioned made with Woodford Reserve ($1).
- Note: limit one Featured Cocktail per person/per night.