On Sunday, November 8, the 23rd Annual Great Chefs of Los Angeles brings together L.A.’s top tastemakers for an afternoon of food, wine, music and auctions to benefit the National Kidney Foundation of Southern California. GCLA draws more than 500 people each year, and has raised more than $4.5 million for the foundation since its inception in 1987. The recently introduced “Go Green, Go Organic” theme promotes eco-conscious living and sustainability, utilizing organic foodstuffs and eco-friendly products throughout the festivities.
National Kidney Foundation spokesman George Lopez, a kidney disease survivor, and his wife and kidney donor Ann Lopez, will host the afternoon’s festivities as Honorary Chairs. Joining the Lopezes will be a star-studded “green carpet” including such celebrities as Andy Garcia, Jennie Garth, Peter Facinelli, Amy Garcia, Paul Stanley, Deana Carter, Mark Rolston, Brook Burns and Jeff Davis.
Chefs of Honor Neal Fraser (Grace, BLD) and Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger (Border Grill, Ciudad) head an impressive lineup of top Los Angeles chefs. The Chefs of Honor will present awards to their fellow participating chefs to spotlight the use of local, organic and sustainable ingredients. (See below for a full list of participating chefs, wines, and spirits.) Hostess Chef Candice Kumai, The Stiletto Chef of TLC’s “Cook Yourself Thin,” will serve as emcee for the event and auction.
Featured items for this year’s live auction include a Maurice Lacroix Limited Edition 999 Watch, a private dinner party courtesy of Neal Fraser paired with wine from Frank Family Vineyards, a Border Grill Truck Party for 25, a La Loggia party for 25, two round-trip business class tickets on American Airlines to one of their European destinations, and a five-night stay at Aurelio-Lech, a new luxury ski lodge in Austria. The silent auction will include sports memorabilia, travel packages to international destinations, and numerous wine and spirits packages.
23rd Annual Great Chefs of Los Angeles
Sunday, November 8, 2009
$150 per person, proceeds benefit the National Kidney Foundation
CBS Studio Center
4024 Radford Dr.
Studio City, CA 91604
For more information, please visit www.kidneysocal.org
Featured chefs include:
- Adam Horton, Saddlepeak Lodge
- Akasha Richmond, Akasha
- Andrea Cavaliere, Cecconi’s
- Benjamin Ford, Ford’s Filling Station
- Bob Lynn, La Grande Orange
- Brain Moyers, BLT Steak
- Calogero Drago, Celestino Ristorante & Panzanella
- Celestino Drago, Drago Restaurant, Enoteca Drago, Il Pastaio, Drago Centro
- Chris Moran, Events D’Elegance
- David Linville, Charlie’s Malibu
- Frank Leon, LaLoggia Ristorante & Bokado
- Keven Alan Lee, EAST Restaurant & Lounge
- Giacomino Drago, Il Pastaio
- Govind Armstrong, 8 oz.
- Jason Johnston, Dakota
- Jesse Perez, Fuego at Hotel Maya
- Jimmy Shaw, Loteria Grill
- Joachim Weritz, Moonshadows
- Jonathan Burrows, Mr. Cecil’s California Ribs
- Jorge Chicas, The Bazaar – SLS Hotel
- Josie Le Balch, Josie Restaurant
- Margarito Cid, Harry’s Oklahoma Style Smokehouse BBQ
- Mary Sue Milliken & Susan Feniger, Border Grill & Ciudad Restaurants
- Michael Fiorelli, mar’sel
- Neal Fraser, Grace & BLD
- Paolo Sicuro, Via Alloro
- Roberto Maggioni, Lago
- Sam Marvin & Christopher Goossen, Bottega Louie Restaurant & Gourmet Market
- Simon Dolinky, BLVD 16 at Hotel Palomar
- Steven Fretz, XIV
- Tanino Drago, Tanino Ristorante & Panzanella Ristorante
- Yoji Tajima, SHU – Sushi House Unico
- Barone Fine Winery
- Buttonwood Farm Winery
- Crossings, New Zealand
- Duckhorn Wine Company
- Frank Family Vineyards
- Golden State Wine Co.
- Grgich Hills Estate
- Jaffe Estate Wine
- Jack Wines
- Jocelyn Lonen Winery
- Kunde Estate Winery
- L’Aventure Winery
- Laetitia Vineyard & Winery
- Loring Wine Co.
- Quinta do Castro
- Regal Wine Co.
- Sterling Organics
- Trefethen Family Vineyards
- Vega Sicilia
- Villa Franttina
- Remy Cointreau USA
- Charles Heidsieck
- VeeV Açai Spirit
- Tequila Ocho
- RIGHT Gin
944 Get Hip Get Green Lounge
944 and Get Hip Get Green, an eco-conscious leader in producing stylish reusable bags, totes and water bottles, sponsor the GCLA “944 Get Hip Get Green” Lounge, outfitted with environmentally friendly lounge furniture provided by Girari Sustainable Furnishing. VeeV Açai Spirit, a leading distiller in promoting social responsibility in the beverage industry, will pour cocktails at the “Go Green Go Organic” Spirits Bar. Guests will use biodegradable utensils by Sysco’s Eco Company line.
Guests will receive Get Hip Get Green’s reusable gift totes stuffed with $250 worth of goodies from leading green and eco-friendly companies, including LaRocca Skincare, Healing Skin, Utter Cream, Eco-Panda, Herbal Water, Nelson J Salon, Alterna, OPI, Explorer’s Bounty, Celtic Sea Salt, Edward & Sons Trading Co., Pop Chips, Robert’s American Gourmet and Little Laura’s Sweets, among many others. Signed copies of Skinny Bastard, the latest book by Skinny Bitch authors Kim Barnouin and Rory Freedman, will also be included in the gift bags.