The Tar Pit is launching a series of weekly Wednesday pairing menus, featuring a cocktail and an entree for one price. Tonight is the first pairing, with the Yellowjacket Cocktail (Pepper Vodka with lemon and honey, topped with fresh cracked pepper) paired with crisp pork belly on polenta cake, served with tomato marmalade. Tonight’s pairing is offered in the dining room and at the bar for $15.
And coming up, Chef Mark Peel is bringing his favorite tradition of Thanksgiving Dinner to The Tar Pit. For $50, guests will be served a three-course Thanksgiving meal that includes a choice of appetizer (duck sliders, mushroom barley soup) a second course served family-style (Dark Beer Brined Breast of Organic Willybird Turkey, Confit of Turkey Leg and Thigh and several sides), and a choice of dessert. A first and third course cocktail pairing is available for an additional $20. The Tar Pit can accommodate parties of up to 10 people for Thanksgiving Dinner; call ahead for reservations.
Wednesday Pairing Menu
Every Wednesday beginning Nov. 10, 2010
First pairing: The Yellowjacket Cocktail with Pork Belly on Polenta Cake, $15
Thursday, Nov. 25, 2010
- Three-course meal
- $50 per person
- 1st and 3rd course cocktail pairing, add $20
Update 11/24 – The Tar Pit has posted its Thanksgiving Cocktail Menu:
- Chancellor – Scotch, Port, Sweet Vermouth, Angostura
- Tom & Jerry – Jamaican Rum, Cognac, T & J Batter, Nutmeg
- Ford Cocktail – Old Tom Gin, Dry Vermouth, Benedictine, Orange Bitters
- Pan American Clipper – Applejack, Grenadine, Lime, Absinthe Rinse, House Spiced Cranberries
- Seelbach – Bourbon, Cointreau, lots of bitters, Champagne
- Palmetto – Aged Rum, Carpano Antica, Orange Bitters
- Brandy Fix – Cognac, Fresh Lemon, Roasted Pineapple Syrup
- Presbyterian – Rye, Housemade Ginger Beer, Lime
The Tar Pit
609 N. La Brea Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90036