Hot on the heels of its Valentine’s Day Prom (“off the chain” according to some sources), Big Bar is throwing an Oscar party on Sunday, February 27th. The tagline says it all: Watch the Stars UNDER the Stars! The 83rd Academy Awards will be projected on a screen draped over the front of the Big Bar – Alcove Cafe building, while guests enjoy dinner and Plymouth Gin cocktail specials on the garden patio, including:
- “And The Award Goes To” Punch: Plymouth Gin, Lemon Ginger Tea, Fresh Lemon Juice, Apricot Liqueur
- Aviation: Plymouth Gin, Marachino liqueur, Lemon, Creme de Violet
- East Side: Plymouth Gin, Lime, Cucumber, Mint
- London Buck: Plymouth Gin, Ginger Syrup, Lime, Soda
Cast your Oscar “ballot,” and if you predict the most winners, you’ll win a Big Bar-Alcove gift card. Hooray for Hollywood indeed!
There’s no cover or dress code, so no need to show up in a Black Swan tribute outfit. Unless of course, you really want to.
Oscar Party at Big Bar
Sunday, February 27, 2011
5pm to midnight
- Plymouth Gin cocktails and dinner specials
- 83rd Academy Awards viewing on the patio
- Red carpet
Big Bar at Alcove
1929 Hillhurst Ave.
Los Angeles, CA, 90027