Beginning Wednesday, June 15th, our friends at Liquor.com are presenting the inaugural NYC Cocktail Week, billed as “a spirited celebration of the city’s amazing bars and their talented mixologists.” This fortnight celebration of the Big Apple’s cocktail culture will take place from June 15 to June 29 at seventeen of New York’s top craft cocktail destinations. NYC Cocktail Week features acclaimed bars like Death & Company, named the World’s Best Cocktail bar at the 2010 Spirited Awards, as well as Employees Only, one of the nominees for the same award this year.
During NYC Cocktail Week, guests will be able to choose from a selection of two cocktails and an appetizer for just $20.11. To make it even easier to take advantage of this deal, all you have to do is ask for the NYC Cocktail Week menu at the participating venue. That’s right, no reservations, passwords, codes or vouchers are needed!
Best of all, proceeds from NYC Cocktail Week will help support two very worthy causes: City Harvest and The Museum of the American Cocktail (MOTAC). City Harvest is the world’s first food rescue organization, dedicated to ending hunger in communities throughout New York City. MOTAC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing education in mixology and celebrating the rich history of the cocktail.
For more info and a complete list of participating bars, visit liquor.com/nyc-cocktail-week.
NYC Cocktail Week
Presented by Liquor.com
Wednesday, June 15 to Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Featuring: two cocktails and an appetizer for $20.11
- Guests must be 21 or older
- Limit one offer per customer per visit
- Offer not available between 8pm and 10pm
- Offer subject to availability
To give you a taste of what NYC Cocktail Week has to offer, here are a couple of cocktail recipes from two of the participating venues, Employees Only and Macao Trading Company.
Served at Employees Only
- 1 1/2 ounces Tanqueray 10 gin
- 1 ounce EO Homemade Hibiscus Cordial
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- Pour all ingredients into a mixing glass.
- Add large cold ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Served at Macao Trading Company
- 1½ ounces Don Julio Reposado Tequila
- 1 ounce Bärenjäger Honey Liqueur
- 3/4 ounce Fresh Lime Juice
- ½ ounce Pink Grapefruit Juice
- 3 sprays of St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram
- Take a chilled cocktail glass and apply the chipotle salt on half of the rim and spray the allspice dram inside.
- Put the rest of the ingredients into a mixing glass. Add large, cold ice and shake vigorously for 6 seconds.
- Strain into the prepared cocktail glass.