On Thursday, May 26th, the Hatchi Truck Stop monthly series rolls on with the Rokyo Gourmet Ramen Truck, featuring an exclusive menu of eclectic Asian comfort food and Asian-inspired cocktails by the bartenders of 1886. Following on his popular Hatchi Guest Chef series, Chef Noriyuki Sugie is inviting a different food truck crew into the BREADBAR Century City kitchen every month throughout 2011.
Rokyo Executive Chef Megan Brenner reinterprets classic Chinese, Japanese, and Korean cuisine with a gourmet twist, using organic produce and pastured, all-natural meats. The Hatchi Truck Stop menu will include:
- Tempura Eggs: Deviled and Soft-Boiled Eggs with Bacon-Wrapped Vegetables, Miso Mayonnaise, and Wasabi Mayonnaise on Skewers
- Curry Pan*: Chinese and Japanese-style Brioche filled with Chicken Curry, Cauliflower, and Potatoes
- Rokyo Ramen**: Organic Ramen Noodles in a choice of Mushroom or Pork Broth, topped with Braised Pork or Shiitake Mushrooms and Organic Vegetables
- Bibimbap**: Green Tea and Lemon Rice topped with Mixed Organic Vegetables and Sliced Beef, topped with a Butter-Poached Egg and a Spicy Tomato-Chili Sauce
- Kabuki Cake: Apricot, Strawberries, Kiwi, and Mixed Fruits with a Creamy Purple Lychee Sauce and Edible Pansies
(*can be prepared vegetarian)
(**can be prepared vegan)
To pair with Rokyo’s Truck Stop menu, 1886 bartenders Danny Cymbal, Greg Gertmenian, and Garrett McKechnie will feature Asian-inspired cocktails like the Sriracha Daisy, Japanese Cream Lemon Fizz, and a Green Tea Toddy with Japanese Whisky.
Seating for Hatchi Truck Stop is limited, and reservations are recommended. Fans who “Like” the BREADBAR Facebook Page will have priority access to reservations 24 hours before the public.
Hatchi Truck Stop
Rokyo Gourmet Ramen & 1886
Thursday, May 26, 2011
- Eight dishes by Rokyo, $8 each (four dish minimum per guest)
- Cocktails by 1886 ($8–12 each)
BREADBAR Century City
10250 Santa Monica Blvd. (R-2)
Los Angeles, CA 90067